Sunday, August 16, 2009

June and July in Florida

We are settling in to Florida life, but I just can't seem to get used to this muggy heat! It's like stepping into a sauna everytime you go outside, except that you're fully clothed, and you don't WANT to sweat. Ick. I have noticed there are a LOT of critters here. Some are cute and I can handle, some are disgusting!!! Here's some pics:

This frog was hanging out by the cardboard boxes we had to throw away by the side of the house. One night I was taking the trash out to the curb and he jumped and stuck to my leg before jumping off!
These little things are EVERYWHERE! Craig showed me how to catch them and make them bite you. As kids they'd stick them on their earlobes like earrings! This tiny one we found in our house!

This turtle wandered into our yard. Guy was perched on the back of the couch, staring out the window and going wild. We went out to investigate and it was a huge turtle! I don't know how he got there, but Craig chased him down (he was the fastest turtle I've ever seen!) and carried him to the vacant lot across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWIthin

.