At 7 months, Max is not crawling, but you can tell that he wants to SO bad. From a sitting position he'll maneuver into a crawling position, and from there will either roll onto his back or faceplant into the ground. I used to lay a blanket down for him to play on and he'd never stray, but now, if I look away for a minute and look back, he could be ANYWHERE! He just scoots and turns and flips and rolls until he gets to...well I don't know where he thinks he's going...
I just bought him one of those long skinny mirrors from Walmart that I positioned long-ways just above the baseboard in the office/playroom where we always are...he LOVES it. Whenever we walk into the bathroom or through the bathroom, he'll catch a glimpse of that 'cute baby in the mirror' and grin as wide as he can. So I got him his very own. For under $5, it's an inexpensive 'toy' that he adores! He is so vain!
Another big milestone...he eats! You know, food! For the longest time he was disinterested in anything that wasn't a bottle. He'd take ONE bite and seal his mouth shut! I would give him one bite of whatever (rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, babyfood, mooshed up adult food, etc) a day, just to get used to it...and one day...just one random day a week or so ago, he decided to eat! (and eat, and eat, and eat!) He eats once a day now, and still takes a bottle afterward, but I'm happy about the progress! His most favorite thing is yogurt.
I'll sit with him on my lap while at the computer, and I always have headphones in one of my ears. He is fascinated with the cord coming from my head, and he always grabs it away! I tried giving him a spare set to hold onto and look at, but of course he wants the one I'm using! He also loves to reach out and slap the keyboard around! He's already taking after his parents!
Oh, I almost forgot...he also sleeps on his tummy! In fact, most nights he insists on it! We woke up either last Saturday or Sunday and he was laying on his tummy...we freaked out a little, until we saw that he was just fine, and now we still put him down on his back, but at some point I'll hear him shifting, moving, turning...and when I look up, yep, he's on his tummy! So cute.
He is fascinated by his hands. He loves grabbing anything, and moving it back and forth, and moving it from one hand to the other. Doesn't matter what it is. And we just caught him the other day doing the funniest thing, I'll have to try to get a video of it. He chews on his hand until its super slobbery, then looks at his hand and squishes it into a fist and it makes a sqeaky noise. Craig and I couldn't stop laughing at this new trick of his!
I think that about sums our Max up in a nutshell for this month at least! We just love him so so so so much.
CUTE!!! Glad he's eating now!! I bet he would love frozen gogurts.. :) give him one from aunt Mel, will ya? ;) Dont be too hard on yourself about not writing it all down! We can't all be Christines you know! Miss you guys and love you!!
ReplyDeletePs- thanks for the shout out ha ha... the kids are back in school so I have a little more free time now.. now i get to catch up from the slacking i did all summer