Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sweater Pants!

When we go out, Max always wears pants. When we get home, I pull them off, because they aren't great for crawling around in...too restricting, or too long, or too big around the middle, SOMETHING, that always seems to get in the way. Well he doesn't have to go pantsless anymore! Behold the sweater pants!
Perfect for lounging around, playing his 'new' $3 Fisher Price Xylophone that I picked up at the thrift store where I got the sweater from! (Don't worry, I bleached the heck out of the toy before giving it to him!)

I actually started out seeing some cute sweater pants on etsy, and thought, "I need to learn how to knit!" So I bought a skein of yarn and a pair of needles, learned to do a knit stitch and a purl stitch...and just knew I'd never be able to make pants...So I looked up a few tutorials, and found out you can take an unwanted or thrifted sweater and turn THOSE into pants! It took a few tries, and lots of quality time with a seam ripper, but in the end, they worked! They fit! I love them! So cozy! So funky! And he loves them too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is pretty creative!! Good job! Hope things are going good for you all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWIthin

.