Friday, July 1, 2011

Hungry, Hormonal, and Hating it!

I am DEFINITELY pregnant. Sure the pregnancy test 'told' me I was, but now I'm FEELING it! Actually ever since I took the test I've been feeling sick and nauseous, but also so hungry I could clean out the fridge in one sitting. Its such a gross feeling...I'm ravenous as soon as I wake up, but if I eat too much, I feel sick, and if I don't eat enough I feel sick. Its a vicious cycle that I'm not enjoying in the least. I'm nauseous, but not enough to throw up, which would be a welcome change around here. Really. I've been eating so much that I made Craig go with me to sign up for the gym, and I've been going every day that their Kid Kare is open since we signed up. Working out feels so great, but if I get too hot, I get sick and nauseous! Seriously? I hope this is only a first trimester thing. Yuck yuck yuck.

And talk about hormones!!! Sheesh! I think of myself as a pretty level headed person, and I don't get very emotional very often, but there were 2 times this week that were just ridiculous, and screamed 'PREGNANT!'
First, Craig and I were playing with Max, and Craig started tickling me (which I HATE, but he does it anyway because my shrieks make Max laugh)..anything for a laugh, right? Oh, and usually when he tickles me, it ends with me punching him in the arm and telling him he's a rude jerk. Haha. This time though, Craig started tickling me and I was laugh/shrieking, telling him to stop, and of course he didn't stop right away, but I reached my limit, and the laugh/shrieking turned into shriek/crying, which ended up just being a big crying mess. I was so emo. Like, I had a hard time catching my breath. I felt so ridiculous. He sweetly apologized after I came out of the office that I locked myself in to sob alone.

Secondly, I was at the fabric store today, going to get a measuring square for my first sewing project ever, and I saw the most beautiful fabric. Seriously, it was this amazing tropical floral yet modern print that I was envisioning wrapped around me in the form of a maxi dress that I would craft it into...(yes, I'm optimistic that I'm going to have sewing skills one day)...anyway, the bolts of fabric are in little cubby-like sections, and above this section it said 60% off! Score! I was so excited, and the bolt was getting pretty slim. So I decided that with the 60% off, I could buy the rest of the bolt (like 3 1/2 yards worth) and hope that it would be enough for a maxi dress. Then maybe if there were leftovers I could make a little dress for the new baby if it happens to be a girl! So I was envisioning everything I was going to do with this fabric as I walked up to get it cut and priced, and thats when the guy behind the counter informed me it wasn't in fact on sale, that the sign clearly stated (in tiny print) that the sale excluded this particular brand. WHAT? Are you sure? Yes, he was sure. I asked how much it would be, and he told me, and it was about 60% more than I was ready to pay, so I hung my head and said, "Nevermind."  As I walked away I had to give myself a firm pep talk to NOT start crying in the store! Seriously, I was so bummed and I just wanted to cry! I didn't, for the record. But I felt like a 6 year old girl who was just told that Disneyland just burned down. I still want that stupid fabric. I might have to go back tomorrow to see if there are any remnants left...I mean, it WAS only $7 a yard!

Fun times.

3 comments:

  1. yeah! I agree- how exciting that you cried at the fabric store! ahahahhah!!!!! just kidding!! You know i sympathize! Do you want me to lie and say it gets easier with each pregnancy cause I totally will if you want me to ;) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps- hooray for sewing!! you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWIthin

.